Most excellent in scones, cookies, on ice cream, sprinkled over cheese cake, or hot chocolate... you are only limited by your imagination - or cinnamon overload!
- 2/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable shortening
- 2 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
How to Make Cinnamon Chips
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, spray with cooking oil.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients until well blended and crumbly.
- 3Spread mixture out evenly on the parchment paper. Place another piece of parchment paper (also sprayed with cooking oil) oil side down on top of the mixture. Use a spatula or a rolling pin to press the mixture down into a 1/4" thickness. Remove the top layer of paper and discard it.
- 4Place in the oven and bake for 35 min or until the mixture is hot and melted (but don't let it get crispy!). Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- 5Remove the bottom layer of parchment paper. You can use a pizza cutter if you are a neat soul to cut into squares, but from here I like to break it up into somewhat large pieces, put them into a zip freezer bag and crush into small chunks when they are needed. Store in an airtight container. These keep well, just like chocolate chips.