★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lbbutter, room temperature
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/3 cbrown sugar, light
2 call purpose flour
1 largeegg yolk, reserve white
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cpecans, chopped
1/4 ccinnamon & sugar for sprinkling (optional)
How to Make Cinnamon Bars
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Separate egg and set aside egg white.
- Gradually add flour, egg yolk, cinnamon, and vanilla to creamed mixture.
- Put on greased cookie sheet and pat down to about 1/4" thick.
- Spread egg white on top of dough with pastry brush.
- Sprinkle nuts on top. Add cinnamon & sugar if you like, also.
- Bake for approximately 22 - 25 minutes. Makes 24 bars