★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 lb
- butter, room temperature
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/3 c
- brown sugar, light
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 large
- egg yolk, reserve white
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
- 1/4 c
- cinnamon & sugar for sprinkling (optional)
How to Make Cinnamon Bars
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease large cookie sheet
- 2Cream butter and sugar together.
- 3Separate egg and set aside egg white.
- 4Gradually add flour, egg yolk, cinnamon, and vanilla to creamed mixture.
- 5Put on greased cookie sheet and pat down to about 1/4" thick.
- 6Spread egg white on top of dough with pastry brush.
- 7Sprinkle nuts on top. Add cinnamon & sugar if you like, also.
- 8Bake for approximately 22 - 25 minutes. Makes 24 bars