2 cunbleached white flour
1/4 cgranulated sugar
1/4 cdark, unsweetened cocoa powder
1 Tbspbaking powder
6 Tbspcold, unsalted butter, cut into chunks
1/2 cheavy cream
How to Make Chocolate Scones
- Heat oven to 375 and place rack in center. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk four, sugar, cocoa, bp, & salt in large bowl til combines.
- Add butter, cut in til butter is pea size and coarse.
- Whisk together egg and cream in separate bowl. Pour into dry ingredients and stir til the dough just comes together.
- Gently & briefly knead dough. Add nuts and knead gently to incorporate.
- Gently flatten into a disc. Cut dough into 6-8 wedges or cut into small circles and place on prepared sheet.
- Bake 18-20 minutes rotating halfway through. Do NOT overbake.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top.