Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake Pops
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxdevil's food cake mix (about 18 oz.)
1 boxinstant chocolate pudding mix (3.4 oz)
1/3 cvegetable oil
1/2 cpeanut butter
1 ccoarsely chopped peanut butter cup candies
1 pkgpeanut butter flavored candy melts (14 oz.)
1/2 cchopped peanuts
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cake Pops
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray one 13 x 9 x 2 in. sheet pan or two 8 in. or 9 in. round pans with vegetable pan spray.
- In large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil; beat at medium speed with electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes for round pans; 35-40 minutes for sheet pan, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling grid and cool completely. Divide cake in half; freeze one half for future use.
- In large bowl, use hands to crumble cake until no large chunks remain. Add peanut butter and chopped candies; mix with fingers until well combined. Form mixture into cake balls. Chill in refrigerator at least 2 hours.
- Melt Candy Melts according to package directions. Dip sticks into melted Candy Melts and insert into cake balls; let set. Wait until candy is completely firm before dipping the pops completely in melted Candy Melts. Before candy sets, sprinkle with peanuts; let set.
- Makes 48 - 1 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-1/4 in. diameter)
Makes 24 - 2 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-1/2 in. diameter)
Makes 16 - 3 tablespoon sized cake ball pops (each about 1-3/4 in. diameter)