I was invited to my friends one night and needed something to make fast. I pulled out my Puff Pastry and while it was baking I whipped up the Mousse filling. When I arrived they dove right into it thinking I spent hours on them. The “melt in your mouth” Chocolate with a hint of Cream Cheese will have your taste buds a’singing as you bite into the buttery Puff Pastry. I promise you that your family and friends will be begging for more. Enjoy and Buon Appetito!
1. Lay out the two sheets of Puff Pastry.
2. Cut circles out of each sheet of Puff Pastry with a Biscuit/Donut cutter or favorite glass. (about 12 circles or 6 on each sheet)
3. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 until puffed and lightly golden brown. (Approx: 15 minutes)
5. Pull out of the oven and allow to cool completely.
Note: The left over Pastry Dough will be in shapes of triangles as you cut out your circles. You can bake these and place them on the Pastry as added decoration. (Notice photo)
1. Whip the Cream Cheese until light and fluffy.
2. Add the dry Pudding Mix slowly to the whipped Cream Cheese. This will make it very thick as the Pudding will be setting up.
3. Add 1/4 cup of the Powder Sugar (save the other 1/4 to sprinkle on top of the Pastries)
4. Add the Vanilla, Cocoa and pinch of salt.
5. Slowly add the Cream while whipping on low. Add just enough of the Cream that the topping is stiff enough to pipe onto the Pastry. It should have the consistency of Butter-cream Icing.
6. Fill a pastry bag with the topping and pipe onto the cooled Pastry Shells in small pretty mounds. You only need a couple tablespoons of topping on each Pastry.
*You may gently spoon it onto the Pastries but obviously a beautiful effect - if piped. (Notice photo)
*You may add any flavor of Pudding. Vanilla, Banana Cream or Custard. Use your imagination. Me? I am partial to the Chocolate. I just love the Fudgy Chocolate Mousse on the Crunchy Puff Pastry.