Chocolate Chip Pizza
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
2 stickunsalted butter (plus extra for pan)
3/4 cpacked brown sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
1 12-oz pkgchocolate chips
1 cnuts, chopped (such as walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts, etc)
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pizza
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Beat in the eggs and vanilla, then gradually add the flour mixture and stir just until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. Use whatever kind of nuts - or a combination - that strikes your fancy.
- Spread half of the batter in a buttered 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Once cool, remove pizza from pan and set aside.
- Re-butter the pan, fill with remaining half of mixture, and bake as above.
- Serve each pizza in wedges, with whipped cream and chocolate syrup for a fancy look. Store, without any topping, tightly wrapped at room temperature.
two plump 12-inch pizzas