Cheesecake in Your Crock Pot
My daughter-in-law asked quite a while ago if I thought cheesecake could be made in the crockpot, and at the time I honestly didn't know.
Now, I know! Yes! You can totally make cheesecake in the crock pot, and you should.
What a different way to bake a cheesecake! I love to try out different crock pot recipes and this one did not disappoint me. The cheesecake was so creamy and delicious! With our crock pot, I did need to cook this for about 2.5 hours to get it to the consistency Karen describes, but every crock pot is different.
- 1 c
- graham crackers, crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
- 16 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 3/4 c
- white sugar
- 2 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- good vanilla
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
How to Make Cheesecake in Your Crock Pot
- 1Find a heat-resistant dish that will fit into your crock pot for the cheesecake. You are going to create a bain marie, or water bath. I used a 1.5 qt Corning Ware dish and it fit nicely into 6qt oval. I tried a round cake pan in a 4 qt round, and that fit too. But I opted for my 6qt, because I'm more comfortable with how it heats.
- 2In a plastic zipper bag, beat the crackers into crumbs with a rolling pin. Put a cup of the crumbs into a medium bowl, and add melted butter and brown sugar. Stir until it's wet and crumby. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the dish you are going to use.
- 3In a separate bowl, cream the cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, cream, and vanilla with a hand-mixer. Unless you have one of those fancy Kitchen Aids. Then use that. Pour the cheese mixture on top of the crust. Lick the bowl.
- 4Add 1/2 to 1 cup of water to the bottom of your crock pot. Lower the dish inside, being careful to not slosh water into your cheesecake.
- 5Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours. Check after 1 hour, just in case. The cheesecake is done when the edges are no longer shiny and have set. Touch lightly to see that you don't get a bunch of stuff on your finger---then you know it's done. My cheesecake wasn't perfectly set in the middle, but I unplugged the crockpot anyhow.
- 6I cooked it for exactly 2 hours. Let the cheesecake sit in the cooling crockpot for an hour, before removing and transferring to the refrigerator. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before cutting and serving.