This wonderful Blintz serve for Brunch or as a Dessert.
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- of salt
- (8 ounce each) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 to 1/3 c
- 1 tsp
- of cinnamon, if desired
- chopped or sliced almonds, if desired
- cherry pie filling, blueberries or sliced strawberries
- whipped cream, if desired
How to Make Cheese Blintzes
- 1For blintzes: In blender, add flour, milk, eggs, the 1/2 t. vanilla and dash salt. Cover; blend smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- 2For filling: In large bowl, mix cheese, sugar, the 1 t. vanilla, dash salt and, if you like, cinnamon, Beat until nearly smooth.
- 3Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water sizzle. Remove skillet from heat.
- 4For each blintz, spoon slightly less than 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Quickly lift and tilt to spread into a thin, even circle. Return to heat; cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until top is set and edges are lightly browned. Invert over a clean kitchen towel to remove blintz. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally to make 8-10 blintzes.
- 5To serve, spoon 1/4 cup cheese filling across each blintz just below center. If you like add nuts. Fold blintz bottom over filling. Fold in sides, roll up. Serve with nuts, fruit and cream, if you like.
- 6*If you would like you can subsitute 15 ounce container of ricotta cheese for the cream cheese.