This wonderful Blintz serve for Brunch or as a Dessert.
1 call purpose flour
1/2 tspvanilla extract
2(8 ounce each) packages of cream cheese, softened
1/4 to 1/3 csugar
dashof cinnamon, if desired
·chopped or sliced almonds, if desired
·cherry pie filling, blueberries or sliced strawberries
·whipped cream, if desired
How to Make Cheese Blintzes
- For blintzes: In blender, add flour, milk, eggs, the 1/2 t. vanilla and dash salt. Cover; blend smooth. Let stand 30 minutes.
- For filling: In large bowl, mix cheese, sugar, the 1 t. vanilla, dash salt and, if you like, cinnamon, Beat until nearly smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until a few drops of water sizzle. Remove skillet from heat.
- For each blintz, spoon slightly less than 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Quickly lift and tilt to spread into a thin, even circle. Return to heat; cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until top is set and edges are lightly browned. Invert over a clean kitchen towel to remove blintz. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet occasionally to make 8-10 blintzes.
- To serve, spoon 1/4 cup cheese filling across each blintz just below center. If you like add nuts. Fold blintz bottom over filling. Fold in sides, roll up. Serve with nuts, fruit and cream, if you like.
- *If you would like you can subsitute 15 ounce container of ricotta cheese for the cream cheese.