Cheery Cherry Trifle
- 12 oz
- boiling water; 1 1/2 cups
- 8 oz
- cherry jello
- 12 oz
- cold water; 1 1/2 cups
- 1 can(s)
- cherry pie filling; 21 ounces
- angel food cake cubed
- 3 c
- cold milk
- 2 pkg
- vanilla instant pudding4-serving eacj
- 1 pkg
- cool whip, thawed; 8 ounces
How to Make Cheery Cherry Trifle
- 1Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water and cherry pie filling.
- 2Refrigerate about and hour or until slightly thickened. (Gelatin is consistency of unbeaten egg whites.) Place cake cubes in 3-quart serving bowl.
- 3Spoon jello mixture over cake. Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set but not firm. (Gelatin should stick to finger when touched and should mound.
- 4Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 1 minute. Gently stir in 2 cups of whipped topping. Spoon over gelatin mixture.
- 5Refrigerate 2 hours or until set. Top with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with toasted sliced almonds. Keep refrigerated.