Chad's Cheesecake (7 inch Springform)
3 box8 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 c4 % cottage cheese
1/3 csour cream
3/8 tspkosher salt
3 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1 1/2 Tbsplemon juice
2 Tbspbutter, unsalted, melted
How to Make Chad's Cheesecake (7 inch Springform)
- Bring some water to boil for a water bath (bain marie). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 7 inch springform pan. Wrap the pan in 2 layers of heavy duty foil. Scrunch foil down to not exceed the height of the springform pan. Select a square or rectangular baker that the springform pan will fit in. Place a non colored tea towel to lay flat on the bottom of the baking pan. Place prepared springform pan on top of the tea towel.
- Now prepare the batter, by placing all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth and completely blended. Scrape down sides several times.
- Pour batter in prepared springform pan. Pour the boiling water in the lower baking pan to come half way up the springform pan.
- Carefully place in pre-heated oven (350 degrees). Bake for 45 minutes. Reduce heat to 275 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes. Turn off oven and leave the cheesecake in the oven, without opening the door for 2 more hours.
- Remove cake from oven. Remove the cake from the water bath. Sit on counter for 1 hour to cool further.
- Place in the fridge to cool uncovered for 1 hour, then cover with a dome or inverted pan.
- Refrigerate overnight before unmolding and serving. Can be made up to 3 days in advance.