Cavacas – “Portuguese Popover Dessert”
How to Make Cavacas – “Portuguese Popover Dessert”
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Using an electric mixer, whip together the eggs and oil until they are very well blended. Sift the salt into flour and gradually add to the egg batter. Continue with the electric mixer and beat on medium speed for about 15 minutes.
- 3Generously oil the popover or muffin tins. Pour the batter in so that it fills each cup about ½ full.
- 4Place the pans into the oven and bake the cavacas for about 45 minutes without opening the door during the entire baking process otherwise the muffins may collapse.
- 5In a small bowl make the icing by combining the confectionary sugar with ?milk and vanilla. It should be smooth with the consistency of thick whipped cream.
- 6When the cavacas are done, remove them from the tins after cooling slightly. Drizzle the topping over while they are still warm.