Cathy's Yummy Cinnamon Apple Buns
2 1/4 tspbread yeast
3 cbread flour (or all purpose flour)
1 1/2 Tbsppowdered buttermilk
1 1/2 Tbspbrummel and brown butter, or non salted butter
1 1/4 cwater
4-5 mediumapples peeled, cored and diced
3 Tbspbutter or margarine of choice
1/4 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
1 Tbsplemon juice
1 Tbspcorn starch
1/4 cbrown sugar
1/4 cgranulated sugar
How to Make Cathy's Yummy Cinnamon Apple Buns
- Add all ingredients to bread machine in the order listed. You may need to add more water do it a tsp at a time. Same with flour if you see the dough to wet add some more flour. Dough should look dry and pull easily around the breadmachine while its mixing.
- In the mean time. Get a bowl fill it 3/4 of the way with water and add the lemon juice.
Peel, core, rinse and dice your apples.
Drain your apples.
In a medium size pan add your butter and brown sugar and stir until the sugar is melted into the butter add the corn starch and whisk it into the mixture to avoid lumps then add your apples and cinnamon.
Cook until the apples get softer (about 10-15 mins) then put on the side to cool.
- When your dough is ready flour your board or counter really good.
Roll out your dough to about 24x30 (or close to that)
- In a bowl mix and 1/4 cup of brown sugar and a 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and about 1 tsp of cinnamon (or more if you like cinnamon) Once your dough is rolled out spread your sugar mixture and leave about an inch border around the dough.
- Add your cooled mixture of apples and spread evenly over your cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Roll jelly roll style and cut into equal size pieces.
Put into a big enough pie plate, or glass bottom pan.
Just make sure its big enough because the buns are going to grown some and you dont want to have to move them into something bigger.
- Once transferred I put them in my oven (no heat turned on) covered with plastic wrap to grow.
About 30 mins later or as soon as you notice they have grown double the size they were when you put them in the pan take them out of the oven throw away the plastic wrap.
Preheat your oven 375 F. (My oven beeps when its ready)and bake for about 30 minutes. You'll have to judge if your bottom is done. If the top is getting too browned just lay a piece of foil over the top.
These are good enough to eat without any frosting but well I like the frosting so...
About a cup of powdered sugar
start with a Tbsp of milk
and a splash of vanilla
Start mixing it in a small bowl you may need a splash more milk but stir it up before you start adding more liquid.
Pour over the top of your cinnamon apple buns.
Plate and eat :)