Caramel Pretzel Crunch Brownies
Nicole Van Markwyk
- 1 box
- betty crocker brownie mix
- water, vegetable oil and eggs as called for on brownie mix box
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz
- bag of caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- pretzels, crushed
- 1/3 c
- toffee bits
How to Make Caramel Pretzel Crunch Brownies
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees (F). Grease or spray 13 x 9-inch pan. (I lined the pan with parchment paper, makes for easier removal of brownies from pan).
- 2Make brownie batter as directed on box, using water, oil, and eggs; stir in 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserve 1/2 cup). Spread into pan.
- 3Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from edge comes out almost clean. Cool 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in medium microwaveable bowl, microwave caramels, butter, and milk uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Carefully pour and spread over warm brownies.
- 5Sprinkle with pretzels, remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips and toffee bits. Cool completely.
- 6Cut into 24 pieces. Enjoy!