Caramel Apple Trifle
1 pkgyellow cake mix
6 ccold milk
3 pkginstant vanilla pudding mix ( large packages)
1 tspapple pie spice
1 jar(s)caramel ice cream topping
1 1/2 cchopped pecans, toasted
2 can(s)apple pie filling
32 ozfrozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Caramel Apple Trifle
- Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl.
- Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture.
- Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Refrigerate until serving.