Caramel Apple Trifle
- 1 pkg
- yellow cake mix
- 6 c
- cold milk
- 3 pkg
- instant vanilla pudding mix ( large packages)
- 1 tsp
- apple pie spice
- 1 jar(s)
- caramel ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 c
- chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 can(s)
- apple pie filling
- 32 oz
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Caramel Apple Trifle
- 1Prepare and bake cake according to package directions, using two greased 9-in. round baking pans. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk milk, pudding mixes and apple pie spice for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3Cut one cake layer if necessary to fit evenly in an 8-qt. punch bowl.
- 4Poke holes in cake with a long wooden skewer; gradually pour a third of the caramel topping over cake.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/2 cup pecans and spread with half of the pudding mixture.
- 6Spoon one can of pie filling over pudding; spread with one carton of whipped topping.
- 7Top with remaining cake and repeat layers. Drizzle with remaining caramel topping and sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- 8Refrigerate until serving.