CARAMEL APPLE CRUNCH BARS
Credit for this recipe goes to Marzetti's.
- 16 oz. tub marzetti's caramel dip
- 1-1/2 c
- a.p. flour
- 1-3/4 c
- quick cooking oats
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- baking soda
- 1/2 c
- butter, softened
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- packed brown sugar
- 4-1/2 c
- favorite apples, peeled and chopped
How to Make CARAMEL APPLE CRUNCH BARS
- 1Preheat oven to 400^. In a mixing bowl combine flour, oats, salt & baking soda.
In a large mixing bowl, blend together butter, shortening & sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
Add dry mixture & blend to form a crumbly mixture.
- 2Measure & set aside 2 cups crumbs. Press remaining crumbs into a 9x13 pan.
Spread apples in an even layer over crust.
- 3Transfer the caramel dip to a microwave safe bowl & microwave for 30-40 seconds or until warm. Stir until smooth.
Pour over apples & sprinkle remaining crumbs over all.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown & apples are tender.
Store, covered, in refrigerator