Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
How to Make Candy Corn Rice Krispies Treats
- 1In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. I colored the first bowl of marshmallow mixture yellow then pressed it into a buttered Pyrex dish. Then I did the same with the second layer only I colored it orange. The top layer was not colored but I did add extra marshmallows just to put emphasis on the white tip. If you make these, make each layer separately because the marshmallows sets up pretty quickly and they'll be too hard to press into the dish.
- 2Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
- 3MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- 4NOTE: For best results, use fresh marshmallows. 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- 5Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.