- 2 c
- small pretzel twists
- 1/2 c
- vanilla baking chips or 2 oz vanilla flavored candy coating, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/3 c
- round candy coated fruit flavored chewy candies (skittles) 4 0oz bag
How to Make Butterfly Pretzes
- 1Line large cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper. To make 20 butterflies, arrange pretzel twists on cookie sheet in groups of 2 with single-hole sides touching to to form a butterfly wings...see picture. Break remaining 5 pretzels for antenna's; 2 pieces at top of each butterfly between wings
- 2I one qt resealable plastic bag, place vanilla chips and oil. Microwave on high 1 minute 20 seconds or until melted, squeezing bag to mix. Seal bag; cut small hole in 1 corner of bag.
- 3Squeeze bag to pipe thin zigzag of melted chips between pretzels to look like bodies of butterfies. Press pretzel pieces firmly into melted chips, Pipe melted chips into each whole of the wings; top with one candy. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes. Remove form paper. store in tightly covered container.