Butter Tarts With Shells.
FOR THE FILLING:
MIX ALL TOGETHER
1/2 cbutter, melted
2 1/2 cbrown sugar
FOR THE TART SHELLS
2 call purpose flour
1/4 cplus 2 tbsp. water
How to Make Butter Tarts With Shells.
- FOR THE TART SHELLS:
- Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in the shorting with a pastry cutter until it resembles course meal.
- Sprinkle water evenly over the surface and stir with a fork until the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Roll the dough out and cut into 4" rounds and fill a muffin tin with the round tart dough and chill while you're making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- FOR THE FILLING:
- Whisk the flour and brown sugar into the melted butter.
- Add the egg mixture into the butter mixture and stir over a high until all the lumps are dissolved. About 2-3 minutes.
- PUT THE TARTS TOGETHER:
- Fill each tart shell 2/3 full with the filling.
- Bake for 9 minutes, then lower the heat to 300'F for 7 minutes. Cool in the pan for a few minutes then remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Lowering the temperature is supposed to make runnier tarts.