Bourbon soaked raisin banana bread
1/2 cbourbon (or brandy or even dark rum)
1 3/4 call purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
2eggs - large
1 tspvanilla extract
8 Tbspbutter melted
1 cmashed (very ripe) bananas
1/2 cchopped walnuts (if desired)
How to Make Bourbon soaked raisin banana bread
- In a medium size saucepan combine the raisins and the alcohol and bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and let stand one hour or overnight in the refrigerator. Before using in batter, discard any liquid that remains.
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 325°. Grease or spray with Pam a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl combine all ingredients except for raisins and walnuts with electric mixer until well blended. With a spoon, stir in the raisins and walnuts.
- Turn in to prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center emerges clean. Cool in the pan on a rack. Slice thin and serve at room temperature. It ALWAYS tastes better the next day.
- *I frequently have bananas that go brown and I peel them and put them in freezer bags and freeze them. I then take them out a couple of hours ahead of time and use them in this recipe.