blueberry lemon trifle
1angel food cake cut into 1 inch cubes you can bake your own or buy one
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
14 ozsweetened condensed milk
3 ozinstant lemon pudding mix
1 cmilk, 2%
3 tsplemon juice
1 tspvanilla extract
1 can(s)blueberry pie filling
16 ozwhipped topping, frozen
·fresh blueberries and strawberries for garnish
How to Make blueberry lemon trifle
- Whip the cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk with an electric mixer in a large bowl.
- Add the milk, lemon pudding mix, vanilla and lemon juice and whip it until it starts to thicken and is smooth.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping and blend. Place this in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set up.
- Place half of the angel food cake cubes in a tall glass trifle dish. If you don't have a trifle dish use a large glass bowl.
- This looks prettiest if you can see the layers. Next layer half of the pudding mixture over the cake.
- Spread half of the blueberry pie filling over the pudding layer around the edges of the dish more toward the sides then the middle.
- This makes the layers show up when looking at it through the glass.
- Repeat the cake, lemon pudding and blueberry pie filling layers again. Finish the top with the remainder of the whipped cream.
- Garnish with the fresh blueberries and strawberries however you wish. I just sprinkle the middle with blueberries and made some strawberry fans to place around them.
- Chill for a couple of hours before serving for the best results. If you like more fresh berries you can also sprinkle additional blueberries and strawberries in layers