blueberry lemon trifle
- angel food cake cut into 1 inch cubes you can bake your own or buy one
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 14 oz
- sweetened condensed milk
- 3 oz
- instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 c
- milk, 2%
- 3 tsp
- lemon juice
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 can(s)
- blueberry pie filling
- 16 oz
- whipped topping, frozen
- fresh blueberries and strawberries for garnish
How to Make blueberry lemon trifle
- 1Whip the cream cheese and the sweetened condensed milk with an electric mixer in a large bowl.
- 2Add the milk, lemon pudding mix, vanilla and lemon juice and whip it until it starts to thicken and is smooth.
- 3Fold in half of the whipped topping and blend. Place this in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to set up.
- 4Place half of the angel food cake cubes in a tall glass trifle dish. If you don't have a trifle dish use a large glass bowl.
- 5This looks prettiest if you can see the layers. Next layer half of the pudding mixture over the cake.
- 6Spread half of the blueberry pie filling over the pudding layer around the edges of the dish more toward the sides then the middle.
- 7This makes the layers show up when looking at it through the glass.
- 8Repeat the cake, lemon pudding and blueberry pie filling layers again. Finish the top with the remainder of the whipped cream.
- 9Garnish with the fresh blueberries and strawberries however you wish. I just sprinkle the middle with blueberries and made some strawberry fans to place around them.
- 10Chill for a couple of hours before serving for the best results. If you like more fresh berries you can also sprinkle additional blueberries and strawberries in layers