- 1/2 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 pkg
- farmer's cheese or ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon (optional)
- 3-6 Tbsp
- sugar (depending on how sweet you'd like)
- 2-3 Tbsp
- sour cream
How to Make Blintzes (Nalesniki)
- 1First, you need to decide how many blintzes you'd like to make! I usually make the recipe x 5 or 6 because I like to have some for a few days. The recipe x 5 or 6 will make roughly 20 blintzes. It also depends on how much cheese you have, but don't worry. If you don't have enough cheese, you can fill them with other fillings....see below.
- 2Recipe x 3: 9 eggs, 9 T. flour, 1 1/2 cup milk, 3 T. sugar.
Recipe x 4: 12 eggs, 12 T. flour, 2 cups milk, 4 T. sugar.
Recipe x 5: 15 eggs, 15 T. flour, 2 1/2 cups milk, 5 T. sugar.
Recipe x 6: 18 eggs, 18 T. flour, 3 cups milk, 6 T. sugar.
- 3In a large bowl, mix eggs with a hand mixer.
- 4Add sugar, flour and milk. Mix well with the hand mixer.
- 5In a separate bowl, mix the cheese, egg, cinnamon, sugar and sour cream together with hand mixer, until creamy. If it's not creamy enough, you can add more sour cream, but don't overdo it because the cheese will be too soft. Set aside for use later.
- 6Preheat a medium or large sized pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- 7Using a ladle, scoop small amounts of the egg liquid onto the hot pan. Move the pan around to cover evenly. Cook each side for about half a minute to a minute, turning once with a spatula.
- 8After each blintz, spray the pan with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- 9Have a plate ready to put each cooked blintz onto after they are done cooking.
- 10Once all the blintzes are ready, you are ready to fill them with the cheese filling.
- 11Starting at one end, put a large spoonful and spread from one end to the other, but not covering the whole blintz. Carefully, fold the edges in about an inch or so and roll the blintz to form a long package. You can also fold them to form squares....folding all sides to make a square.
- 12You are all done....now it's time to enjoy!! If you run out of cheese and have blintzes left, you can fill them with jam or Nutella as well. They are best served warm. You can add whipped topping or powdered sugar as well. I like to add Cinnamon sugar to the top of mine! Enjoy!