Bev's Gone With The Wind
This is a wonderful dessert.
The name implies how long this last.
We all try to eat a little less so we have room for dessert.
When the dust settles, there is hardly any left.
"Not very good the next day." my husband would say, as he eats the last piece.
- 1 c
- whole milk (not 2%)
- 30 large
- marshmallows, very fresh
- 1/2 pt
- (1 cup) whipping cream
- 3/4 c
- chopped nuts
- 1 small
- can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 1/4 c
- graham crackers, crushed or crumbs
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- margarine or butter, melted
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
How to Make Bev's Gone With The Wind
- 1Add milk and marshmallows to pan and melt over medium heat. Stir and do not burn.
Let mixture completely cool (set in freezer if needed to cool faster)
Mix graham crackers crumbs, sugar and melted butter in another bowl.
Save 1/2 cup or more for topping.
Put crust mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 pan and press down to form a bottom crust.
- 3Whip the whipping cream till stiff peaks form, do not add sugar.
Add marshmallow mixture, nuts and drained pineapple to the whipped cream.
Stir and put into pan over crust.
Sprinkle topping over top.
- 4Let set in refrigerator for one hour to set up.
When ready to serve, stand back.
Everyone will cut and serve them selves.
We had 5 for dinner and 2 extra pieces for later that day..This did not last the night.