Banana Cream Cheesecake
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
- vanilla sandwich cookies (golden oreos)
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 4 pkg
- (8oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 c
- mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 c
- whipping cream
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Cream Cheesecake
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Place cookies in a blender; process with on/off pulse until finely crushed. Add margarine; process with pulses until blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10-inch springform pan; refrigerate.
- 3Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and cornstarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (DO NOT forget to reduce temperature - very important) and continue baking 75 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen edge of cheesecake; cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.
- 5Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
- 6Garnish: Garnish with Whip Cream and Sliced Bananas