Banana Cream Cheesecake
Annamaria Settanni McDonald
20vanilla sandwich cookies (golden oreos)
1/4 cbutter, melted
4 pkg(8oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cmashed ripe bananas
1/2 cwhipping cream
2 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Cream Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cookies in a blender; process with on/off pulse until finely crushed. Add margarine; process with pulses until blended. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of 10-inch springform pan; refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add sugar and cornstarch; beat until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, whipping cream, and vanilla. Pour cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Place pan on cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F (DO NOT forget to reduce temperature - very important) and continue baking 75 minutes or until center is almost set. Loosen edge of cheesecake; cool completely on wire rack before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate cheesecake, uncovered, 6 hours or overnight.
- Allow cheesecake to stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish: Garnish with Whip Cream and Sliced Bananas