★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 cbutter, melted
1 lbwalnuts or mixture of walnuts, pecans,& almonds, chopped
1 tspcinnamon, ground
1 lbphyllo dough
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Baklava
- Brush melted butter over the bottoms and sides of a 9X13 pan.
- Toss chopped nuts with cinnamon & set aside
- Unroll phyllo dough & cut the stack in half to fit the pan.
- Place 2 sheets of dough in pan & generously brush with butter.
- Repeat 3 times.
- Sprinkle 2-3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top, top with 2 sheets of dough, brush with butter.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Place 2 sheets of dough on top and brush with butter.
- Bake in 350 oven for 50 minutes until baklava is golden & crisp.
- While baklava is baking, boil water & sugar until sugar is dissolved, then add vanilla, & honey. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- As soon as baklava is finished baking, spoon sauce over it. Allow to cool. Then cut into squares and put into cupcake papers. Store uncovered or freeze.
- NOTES: Phyllo dough dries out easily. While working with it, keep covered with a damp cloth.