Argentine Bread Pudding (Bud de Pan)
6 Tbspunsalted butter, melted (plus more, for baking dish)
1 lb loafwhite sandwich bread, crusts trimmed
3/4 cupsgranulated sugar
1 Tbspgrated lemon zest
1 Tbspgrated orange zest
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Argentine Bread Pudding (Bud de Pan)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Tear bread into large pieces and place in a food processor, and pulse until coarse crumbs form.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar, salt and eggs until thick and pale. Whisk in the milk, butter, lemon zest, orange zest and vanilla until a smooth batter forms. Fold in the bread crumbs
- Pour batter into the buttered baking dish, and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake the pudding for about 2 hours or it's puffy and lightly browned, turning halfway through the baking time. Let the pudding cool completely before serving. It will sink a bit as it cools.
- To serve, slice into 1-inch wide strips, and serve cooled.