Apple Crisp..Best Ever ! No Oats
It's Apple Picking Time In Dixie !! Sept 2013...Have a fantastic Fall !
- 5 -- 6
- apples (pinita if you can find them or one you enjoy) peeled, cored, and sliced into thin slices.
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 c
- apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- 1 stick
- cold butter leave in wrapper
How to Make Apple Crisp..Best Ever ! No Oats
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2FILLING: In a small mixing bowl, Mix Cinnamon and Sugar together. In an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan, add a single layer of the sugar and cinnamon mixture, do not grease pan.
- 3Begin layering sliced apples, sprinkling a cinnamon/sugar layer between each layer of apple slices.
- 4Once apple slices are at the top of the pan, cover with final layer of cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- 5Mix vanilla extract and apple cider/juice in a measuring cup. Pour over apple slices.
- 6TOPPING: Place flour and sugar into a small mixing bowl, blend well.
Place Cold stick of butter with wrapper on bottom portion. Begin grating butter with a flat grater over bowl. Keep sliding wrapper down to grade butter into flour/sugar mixture until the grated stick of butter is all in mixture. Use a pastry cutter and blend ingredients together until crumbly.
- 7Cover the apples with the topping, sprinkling all over.
Bake in preheated 400 degree F. oven 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly, check and don't burn. Cool & Serve. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you wish.