Apple Crisp..Best Ever ! No Oats
It's Apple Picking Time In Dixie !! Sept 2013...Have a fantastic Fall !
5 -- 6apples (pinita if you can find them or one you enjoy) peeled, cored, and sliced into thin slices.
1 Tbspground cinnamon
1/2 capple cider or apple juice
1 tspvanilla extract
1 call purpose flour
1 stickcold butter leave in wrapper
How to Make Apple Crisp..Best Ever ! No Oats
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- FILLING: In a small mixing bowl, Mix Cinnamon and Sugar together. In an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan, add a single layer of the sugar and cinnamon mixture, do not grease pan.
- Begin layering sliced apples, sprinkling a cinnamon/sugar layer between each layer of apple slices.
- Once apple slices are at the top of the pan, cover with final layer of cinnamon/sugar mixture.
- Mix vanilla extract and apple cider/juice in a measuring cup. Pour over apple slices.
- TOPPING: Place flour and sugar into a small mixing bowl, blend well.
Place Cold stick of butter with wrapper on bottom portion. Begin grating butter with a flat grater over bowl. Keep sliding wrapper down to grade butter into flour/sugar mixture until the grated stick of butter is all in mixture. Use a pastry cutter and blend ingredients together until crumbly.
- Cover the apples with the topping, sprinkling all over.
Bake in preheated 400 degree F. oven 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly, check and don't burn. Cool & Serve. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you wish.