Amaretti Chocolate Fudge Pie
- 4 oz
- unsweetened chocolate
- 1¾ sticks (14 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 c
- 30 amaretti crushed
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- light corn syrup
- 1/4 c
- heavy cream
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- whipped cream as an accompaniment
How to Make Amaretti Chocolate Fudge Pie
- 1In the top of a double boiler melt 1 ounce of the chocolate with tablespoons of the butter and let the mixture cool.
- 2In a 9 x 3 inch spring form pan combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar with the amaretti, stir in the chocolate mixture, and combine the mixture well.
- 3Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and one-third of the way up the side of the pan and chill the crust.
- 4In the top of a double boiler melt together the remaining 3 ounces chocolate and the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and let the mixture cool.
- 5In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together the eggs and the salt, add the remaining 1½ cups sugar, a little at a time, and beat the mixture until it is thick and pale yellow.
- 6Beat in the corn syrup, the heavy cream, the vanilla, the Amaretto, and the chocolate mixture.
- 7Pour the filling into the crust, bake the pie in the middle of a preheated 350 deg.
- 8Oven for 50 minutes and let it cool on a rack.
- 9Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan, and serve the pie with the whipped cream.