Amaretti Chocolate Fudge Pie
4 ozunsweetened chocolate
·1¾ sticks (14 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 1/2 csugar
·30 amaretti crushed
·4 large eggs at room temperature
3 Tbsplight corn syrup
1/4 cheavy cream
·whipped cream as an accompaniment
How to Make Amaretti Chocolate Fudge Pie
- In the top of a double boiler melt 1 ounce of the chocolate with tablespoons of the butter and let the mixture cool.
- In a 9 x 3 inch spring form pan combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar with the amaretti, stir in the chocolate mixture, and combine the mixture well.
- Press the crumb mixture onto the bottom and one-third of the way up the side of the pan and chill the crust.
- In the top of a double boiler melt together the remaining 3 ounces chocolate and the remaining 8 tablespoons butter and let the mixture cool.
- In a bowl with an electric mixer beat together the eggs and the salt, add the remaining 1½ cups sugar, a little at a time, and beat the mixture until it is thick and pale yellow.
- Beat in the corn syrup, the heavy cream, the vanilla, the Amaretto, and the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the filling into the crust, bake the pie in the middle of a preheated 350 deg.
- Oven for 50 minutes and let it cool on a rack.
- Run a thin knife around the edge of the pan, and serve the pie with the whipped cream.