9 oz pkgfamous chocolate wafer cookies (ice cream section)
1/4 cbutter, melted
32.7 oz snickers bars, chopped
2 pkg8 oz cream cheese, softened room temperature
3/4 csemisweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 tspvanilla extract
·whipped cream, optional
How to Make Alabama Chocolate Candy Cheesecake
- Combine crushed cookie wafers, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Press mixture evenly onto bottom and 1-1/2 inches up sides of 9 inch springform pan.
- Sprinkle chopped candy bars evenly over bottom.
- Beat softened cream cheese on high speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar. Mix well
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla.
- Beat until blended. Spoon over candy layer.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven, middle rack, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and run knife around edge to release sides. In most cases this prevents cracking.
- Let cool to room temperature on rack.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- To serve, remove from pan and cut into appropriate pieces. Add whipped cream if you would like.