☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 qtvanilla ice cream
1 ctoffee bars, chopped
1.33 cwhipping cream
2 Tbspunsalted butter, cut into 4 pieces
1 cunsalted butter cut into 1/2" pieces
8 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 ozunsweetened chocolate, chopped
2 tspvanilla extract
3/4 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking powder
6.5 oztoffee bars, chopped
How to Make Toffee Bar Brownie Sundaes/Caramel Sauce
- FOR ICE CREAM: Place ice cream in medium bowl and soften slightly at room temperature.
- Stir in chopped toffee bars and over bowl with plastic wrap and freeze. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead)
- FOR CARAMEL SAUCE: Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy small saucepan and set aside.
- Combine sugar and 3 tablespoons water in heavy medium saucepan.
- Stir over medlium heat until sugar dissolves and increase heat to high and boil without stirring until caramel is deep amber color.
- Brushing down sides of pan with wet pastry brush if sugar crystals form and occasionally swirling pan, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and slowly add warm whipping cream (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Return sauce to low heat and stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat and mix in butter. (Can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- FOR BROWNIES: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter 9" square baking pan with 2" high sides.
- Combine butter and both chocolates in top of double boiler set over simmering water; stir until melted.
- Remove from over water and cool mixture slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Stir in all but 2 tablespoons chopped toffee bars and transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons chopped candy.
- For fudgy consistency, bake until tester inserted into center comes out with moist batter still attached, about 27 minutes; for cakelike texture bake until tester inserted into center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes.
- Cool. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and store at room temperature.)
- Rewarm sauce over low heat and cut brownie into 9 pieces.
- Spoon warm caramel sauce onto 8 plates.
- Place 1 brownie in center of each (reserve extra brownie for another use) and surround each with 3 small scoops of ice cream.