Thai Mango Sherbert
How to Make Thai Mango Sherbert
- 1Slice the mangos open and scoop out all of the fruit from the skins. Don't forget to include fruit around the seed (a knife works well for this).
- 2Place the fruit in a food processor or blender. Add the sugar and blitz for 1 minute, or until the sugar has dissolved and you are left with a delicious mango puree.
- 3Add the coconut milk and lemon juice, and briefly blitz to combine (a few seconds).
- 4Pour the mango puree into a bowl or container while you continue to use your processor/blender. Scape down the sides and bottom with a rubber spatula to remove as much of the puree as possible.
- 5Now pour the whipping cream into the processor/blender. Blitz until the cream forms stiff peaks, or is quite stiff (not runny) when dipped into with your finger.
- 6Add the mango puree to the whipped cream and blitz 5-10 seconds, or until you get a good mango-cream consistency.
- 7Pour into a large yogurt container or similar size tub and place in the freezer. Allow to freeze at least 6 hours, preferably 8.
- 8Serve the mango sorbet in bowls, or scoop into ice cream cones for the kids. (To make scooping easier, take the sorbet out of the freezer 10 to 15 minutes ahead of time).