Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I too had never heard of corn ice cream. I love the sweetness of corn, so I couldn't wait to try this recipe. I was not disappointed! It's so creamy and sweet. This will be great during the summer when fresh corn is in season. Yum, what a treat!
Note: We used 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract as our flavor of choice. The Test Kitchen
2 cwhole milk
1/4 cNestle Nido Fortificada Dry Milk
2 cfrozen sweet corn
8egg yolks, beaten
1 cheavy cream
·vanilla bean or your preferred flavoring, to taste
How to Make Sweet Corn Ice Cream
- Combine the whole milk, powdered milk, sugar and corn in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the milk mixture and slowly add to the egg yolks to temper, continuously beating.
- Add the remaining milk mixture along with the heavy cream.
- Put the mixture in a blender and puree.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and add vanilla beans or your favorite flavoring.
- Freeze in your ice cream maker and enjoy!