Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Blue Ribbon Recipe
I too had never heard of corn ice cream. I love the sweetness of corn, so I couldn't wait to try this recipe. I was not disappointed! It's so creamy and sweet. This will be great during the summer when fresh corn is in season. Yum, what a treat!
Note: We used 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract as our flavor of choice. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Sweet Corn Ice Cream
- 1Combine the whole milk, powdered milk, sugar and corn in a sauce pan. Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 2Beat egg yolks.
- 3Remove 1/2 cup of the milk mixture and slowly add to the egg yolks to temper, continuously beating.
- 4Add the remaining milk mixture along with the heavy cream.
- 5Put the mixture in a blender and puree.
- 6Strain the mixture through a sieve and add vanilla beans or your favorite flavoring.
- 7Freeze in your ice cream maker and enjoy!