Super Premium Homemade Ice Cream w/o eggs
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 can(s)sweetened condensed milk
1 qtheavy cream
1 tspvanilla extract
1 can(s)reddiwip, whipped dairy cream topping
2 qtmilk (reserved)
1 lbrock salt (reserved for freezer)
2 - 3 bag(s)ice (reserved for freezer)
How to Make Super Premium Homemade Ice Cream w/o eggs
- Add all ingredients into 4-5 quart mixing bowl except for milk. Milk is added after the ingredients are added to your ice cream freezer can to bring the mix up to the fill line.
- Mix ingredients on high for approximately 1 minute
- Pour contents into ice cream freezer can
and add milk to the fill line.
- I put my ice cream freezer can into my deep freeze for 1.5 hours to save time and ice in the last step. This is optional but buy extra ice if you omit this step.
- Or just install the freezer can into the ice cream freezer, plug it in and add ice and rock salt in layers with the freezer running. I use an 8/1 ratio of ice to salt. A 2 pound box of rock salt will make 2 batches typically. Add about a cup of cold water to the ice / salt mixture being careful not to allow the salt/ ice solution to rise above the lid on your freezer can. This can happen only if your over flow drain hole on the freezer bucket gets blocked. You will know you are making ice cream if there is frost on the exterior of the freezer. When the ice cream freezer motor stalls you are finished. Unplug the freezer and enjoy!
- I run the ice cream freezer in the kitchen sink to contain the water and spillage. The annoying sound of the ice cream freezer is well worth the inconvenience.