Super Creamy Oreo Ice Cream
If you love Oreos (who doesn't?), this will knock your cone to the ground! ENJOY
- 1 c
- whole milk
- 2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- egg yolks
- 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract-i use vanilla bean extract; you use it the very same way as the liquid form.
- oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
How to Make Super Creamy Oreo Ice Cream
- 1Combine the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat. Heat until bubbles form around the edges. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until smooth and well combined. Slowly add the warm milk mixture to the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly to prevent curdling.
- 2Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5-8 minutes, until the mixture is thickened and coats the back of a spoon (about 175 degrees F on an instant read thermometer). Pour the liquid through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl. Stir in the vanilla extract. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator until completely chilled.
- 3Once the mixture is well chilled, pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Once the mixture is softly frozen, transfer half of it to a storage container. Add half of the chopped Oreo pieces and fold in gently with a rubber spatula. Add the remaining ice cream and Oreo pieces to the container, and fold once more until the mixture is evenly combined. Freeze until completely hardened.