- pre-baked 9-inch pie shell
- 1 1/2 qt
- strawberry ice cream (about 6 cups)
- 1 c
- strawberry jam or sundae topping
- egg whites
- 1 dash(es)
- cream of tartar
- fresh strawberries for garnish
- strawverry jam, optional
How to Make Strawberry Baked Alaska
- 1Make sure that the baked pie shell has chilled.
- 2Spread bottom of pie shell with jam or topping. Be sure to reserve a little to drizzle over the top.
- 3Make sure that ice cream has been softened at room temperature. Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- 4Spread ice cream over topping. Mounding it in the center. Place in freezer while preparing meringue topping.
- 5Whip egg whites until very frothy. Add cream of tartar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- 6Add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat until stiff and glossy.
- 7Spread meringue over ice cream. Make sure the meringue is spread to the edges to seal well.
- 8Bake pie at 450 degrees for 4 to 5 minutes. You want it to be slightly browned.
- 9Drizzle the top with the reserved strawberry jam. You can also add sliced strawberries to the top as well.