★★★★★ 1 vote5
3/4 ccaster sugar (superfine)
6fresh lavender flowers,plus extra to decorate
How to Make Strawberry and Lavender Sorbet
- Place the sugar in a pan and pour 1 1/4 cup water. Bring to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved
- Take the pan off the heat, add the flowers and leave to infuse (steep) for 1 hour. If time permits, chill the syrup in the refrigerator before using.
- Process the strawberries in a food processor or in batches in blender, then press the puree through a large sieve into a bowl.
- Pour the puree into a freezerproof container, strain in the syrup and freeze for 4 hours, or until mushy. Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Whisk the egg white until frothy, and stir into the sorbet. Spoon the sorbet back into the container and freeze until firm.
- Serve in scoops, piled into tall glasses and decorate with sprigs of lavender flowers.