SPAGHETTIEIS (SPAGHETTI ICE CREAM)
Recipe & photo: germanfood.about.com
- 1 lb
- fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- orange juice
- 1/4 c
- sugar, divided
- 1 c
- whipping cream
- 4 c
- softened vanilla ice cream
- 2 - 3 Tbsp
- white chocolate shavings or coconut shreds
How to Make SPAGHETTIEIS (SPAGHETTI ICE CREAM)
- 1Several hours before you serve the sundaes, place plates or sundae cups in the freezer until serving time.
- 2Cut the strawberries in half or quarters and place in a blender. Add the orange juice and 2 Tbsp. sugar and blend until smooth (add a little more juice or sugar to taste, if needed). Refrigerate until very cold, or up to one day.
- 3Whip the cold whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar to taste (original sundae calls for unsweetened whipped cream) and beat until stiff.
- 4Place a dollop of whipped cream in each plate or sundae cup.
- 5Use an extra plate to hold the potato ricer and scoop about one cup of ice cream into it. Holding the ricer over the sundae plate, squeeze the ice cream through the holes and swirl it onto the plate, over the whipped cream. Repeat for the other plates.
- 6Pour strawberry sauce over each ice cream "noodle" creation and sprinkle with shaved, white chocolate.