SPAGHETTIEIS (SPAGHETTI ICE CREAM)
Recipe & photo: germanfood.about.com
1 lbfresh strawberries, washed and hulled
2 - 3 Tbsporange juice
1/4 csugar, divided
1 cwhipping cream
4 csoftened vanilla ice cream
2 - 3 Tbspwhite chocolate shavings or coconut shreds
How to Make SPAGHETTIEIS (SPAGHETTI ICE CREAM)
- Several hours before you serve the sundaes, place plates or sundae cups in the freezer until serving time.
- Cut the strawberries in half or quarters and place in a blender. Add the orange juice and 2 Tbsp. sugar and blend until smooth (add a little more juice or sugar to taste, if needed). Refrigerate until very cold, or up to one day.
- Whip the cold whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar to taste (original sundae calls for unsweetened whipped cream) and beat until stiff.
- Place a dollop of whipped cream in each plate or sundae cup.
- Use an extra plate to hold the potato ricer and scoop about one cup of ice cream into it. Holding the ricer over the sundae plate, squeeze the ice cream through the holes and swirl it onto the plate, over the whipped cream. Repeat for the other plates.
- Pour strawberry sauce over each ice cream "noodle" creation and sprinkle with shaved, white chocolate.