Rich & Fudgy Farmhouse Ice Cream, Millie's
We also like to add in brownie crumbles, chocolate chips, and nuts. Hey, the more the better ! Try it with some marshmallow fluff swirled in. WoW !
*Get adventuresome and add a half tsp. cayenne pepper. It adds a great "after burn", lol ! If you're a little nervous about it being too hot, just add a little cayenne pepper at a time and taste it till you reach your heat comfort.
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- 6 c
- 2 large
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Rich & Fudgy Farmhouse Ice Cream, Millie's
- 1In large pot (NO HEAT YET) add sugar, cocoa powder, shifted flour (you can just sift through a small strainer over the pot), and salt. Stir to combine all the dry ingredients.
- 2Now add milk and whisk then add eggs, one at a time mixing well. Now turn heat on medium and heat till almost boiling. You can strain this, but I seldom bother. Let cool for 20-30 minutes then pour into large bowl or glass jars and cool in fridge (or freezer if you watch it carefully).
- 3Once your ice cream mix is chilled Pour into ice cream maker, pack with ice and ice cream salt and run till ice cream is thick, adding ice and salt when necessary. Store in an air tight container in the freezer.
* Sometimes I do the cooking part of the recipe the day before and store the jars in the fridge till I'm ready to make ice cream
* If you want to add in chocolate chips, nuts or marshmallow fluff, do so towards the end when churn is nearly finished.
* Sometimes I add in a half teaspoon cayenne pepper before cooking to make a "fire and ice" ice cream, which is very good !