★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 csuper fine sugar
1 1/2 cwater
·grated zest & juice of 2 limes
1small pineapple, peeled, cut into 1/4's and chopped
How to Make Pineapple-Lime Sherbet
- Put sugar and water into saucepan and heat gently, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Bring to boil and simmer for 10min.
- Stir in the zest and half of the lime juice. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Put pineapple into blender/processor and process until smooth. Add to cooled syrup with remaining lime juice.
- Pour into freezer-safe container and freeze until crystals have formed around the edges.
- Turn out into bowl and beat well with fork to break up any chunks.
- Return to freezer over night. Serve with sugar cookies! ;)