Pecan Praline Sauce
How to Make Pecan Praline Sauce
- 1Put 3 tablespoons of the butter in a small sauce pan or saute pan, and add nuts. Heat on medium, stirring constantly until pecans are toasted. Remove from heat and set aside. You can also do this step in the microwave by heating on high for 8-10 min., stirring twice. I prefer the stove-top method, however.
- 2In a microwavable bowl, place the remaining butter and heat until melted. Whisk in the brown sugar, flour and light corn syrup and stir until blended.
- 3Microwave on high for 6-8 minutes, stirring twice, until the sugar is dissolved.
- 4Add the evaporated milk and pecans and stir well.
- 5Keep unused sauce in a jar in the refrigerator, and microwave for 20-30 seconds when you want to use as a topping for ice cream, etc. It will last around 3 weeks in the fridge. Enjoy!