By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- peel of one orange, white part removed, julienned
- 2 c
- orange juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp
- unsweetened orange juice concentrate
- 1 Tbsp
- grand marnier, optional
- orange shells, optional
How to Make Orange Sorbet
- 1Make a syrup by combining the water, sugar and orange peel in a non-corrosive pan and bring to a boil.
- 2Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat and let cool.
- 4Discard the orange peel.
- 5Combine the syrup, juice, juice concentrate and grand marnier.
- 6To freeze, follow the instructions for the lemon sorbet.
- 7To serve: Slice about 1/3 from the top of 6 large, smooth-skinned oranges and hollow them out.
- 8Pipe the sorbet from a pastry bag, fitted with a large star tip.
- 9Place each finished ice in the freezer until ready to serve.
- 10VARIATION: Replace the grand marnier with 2 tablespoons of either anisette or sambucca.