Orange cream-sicle ice cream
How to Make Orange cream-sicle ice cream
- Boil sugar and water 5 minutes
- Add orange juice
- In another pan, scald 1/2 pint thin cream
- Add 2 yolks to the cream and cook and stir the cream with the eggs over hot water in a double boiler or very low heat until thick. Cool.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the first mixture of orange juice.
- Beat heavy cream until stiff. Fold into the egg and orange juice mixture.
- Freeze. (If your kids are picky about it being really orangey in color, you could add some orange food coloring, but we prefer the original color!)