Orange cream-sicle ice cream
How to Make Orange cream-sicle ice cream
- 1Boil sugar and water 5 minutes
- 2Add orange juice
- 3In another pan, scald 1/2 pint thin cream
- 4Add 2 yolks to the cream and cook and stir the cream with the eggs over hot water in a double boiler or very low heat until thick. Cool.
- 5Add the egg yolk mixture to the first mixture of orange juice.
- 6Beat heavy cream until stiff. Fold into the egg and orange juice mixture.
- 7Freeze. (If your kids are picky about it being really orangey in color, you could add some orange food coloring, but we prefer the original color!)