Not-Fried "Fried" Ice Cream
How to Make Not-Fried "Fried" Ice Cream
- 1Line a rimmed baking sheet with waxed paper. With a large spoon or ice cream scoop, form 8 ice cream balls, each about 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on baking sheet, then place in freezer for about an hour.
- 2Preheat oven to 350-degrees.
- 3Meanwhile coat another large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well then spread on the baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned and crisp.
- 4Place in a shallow bowl and allow to cool completely. Line another rimmed baking sheet pan with waxed paper.
- 5Remove ice cream balls from freezer and roll in the cereal mixture, coating on all sides. Place on lined baking sheet and freeze for 2 to 3 hours, or until ice cream is very firm.
- 6Serve immediately or cover and keep frozen until ready to use.
If you would like this even lighter that it already is, reduced-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt will work just fine. The way the coating is done, the finished dessert still comes out as yummy as if it was deep-fried.