★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cheavy cream
2 chalf and half
1/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 ozsemi-sweet chocolate, chopped
6eggs, well beaten
How to Make Never On Sunday Chocolate Ice Cream
- Bring cream and half and half to a simmer in a large heavy saucepan.
- Add sugar and cocoa; stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Add chocolate, stir until smooth.
- Gradually whisk 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into eggs.
- Return mixture to saucepan.
- Stir over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- Strain into bowl.
- Cool mixture completely, stirring often.
- Stir whiskey into custard.
- Pour into a 1 quart ice cream churn.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Store in a covered container for several hours to mellow the flavor.
- If ice cream is frozen solid, soften in refrigerator before serving.