★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 2 c
- half and half
- 2/3 c
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 oz
- semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 c
How to Make Never On Sunday Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1Bring cream and half and half to a simmer in a large heavy saucepan.
- 2Add sugar and cocoa; stir until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- 3Add chocolate, stir until smooth.
- 4Gradually whisk 1/2 cup chocolate mixture into eggs.
- 5Return mixture to saucepan.
- 6Stir over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon.
- 7Strain into bowl.
- 8Cool mixture completely, stirring often.
- 9Stir whiskey into custard.
- 10Pour into a 1 quart ice cream churn.
- 11Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- 12Store in a covered container for several hours to mellow the flavor.
- 13If ice cream is frozen solid, soften in refrigerator before serving.