MINT AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
How to Make MINT AND CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
- 1Mix the mint leaves with half of the sugar and chop as finely as possible.
- 2Set a bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt 2 oz. of the chocolate. Remove from heat. Add the egg yolks and whisk until creamy. Leave to cool.
- 3Whip the cream until soft peaks form, then fold in the chopped mint. Fold the whipped mint cream into the cooled chocolate mixture. Freeze the mixture in a 2 quart ice cube tray.
- 4When the ice cream becomes crisp at the edges, whisk for 2 minutes. Return to the freezer, then whisk the ice cream every 45 minutes until it sets.
- 5Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form Fold in the remaining sugar, then fold carefully into the frozen ice cream. Finally grate the remaining 1 oz. chocolate and stir into the ice cream. Return the ice cream to the freezer until completely set.
- 6Serve decorated with mint leaves dipped in melted chocolate. ( LEAVE TO SET ON WAX PAPER )