Mexican Ice Cream Sundaes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 6 flour tortillas, cut into 6 wedges each (6 inches)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup corn flakes, crushed
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup to your liking
- whipped cream, in a can, to you liking
- 6 maraschino cherries, with stems
How to Make Mexican Ice Cream Sundaes
- 1In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry tortilla wedges, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside 1 tablespoon. Sprinkle both sides of tortillas with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- 2In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflake crumbs and reserved cinnamon-sugar. Roll ice cream in crumb mixture to coat. Freeze until serving.
- 3Drizzle serving plates with chocolate syrup if desired. Place six tortilla wedges on each plate; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Pipe whipped cream around base and on top of ice cream. Garnish each with a cherry.