Margarita Ice Cream
Nigella Lawson stirred hers up and put it in the freezer, no machine necessary. I do use my countertop ice cream maker, the ingredients make just the right amount for the smaller countertop machine.
I don't think there is enough alcohol in this recipe to cause concern. Nevertheless, I do not serve it to children.
- 1/2 c
- lime juice
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- orange liquer (i use regular old triple sec)
- 1 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- for some reason, i like to throw in a little crushed pinepapple while the freezer is going.
- (since i do most of my shopping at aldi and they don't always have heavy cream, i often substitute half & half.)
How to Make Margarita Ice Cream
- 1Pour the lime juice, tequila and orange liqueur into a bowl and stir in the sugar to dissolve.
- 2Add the cream and then softly whip until thick and smooth but not stiff.
- 3Spoon into an airtight container to freeze overnight, or use your ice cream maker as directed. This ice cream does not need ripening (softening before serving), as it will not freeze too hard. I generally take it straight from the freezer bowl to a dish and begin eating immediately1