Malted Milk Waffles
- 2 c
- all pourpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- baking powder
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 3/4 c
- reduced fat milk or use whole or 1/2 &1/2
- 6 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 2 large
- 1-4 Tbsp
- origional malted milk (can use choco. flavor also)
How to Make Malted Milk Waffles
- 1Place all ingredients into large bowl and combine. Add malt mix 1 tbs. at a time and taste so you will have flavor you want. Beat until smooth. If making for breakfast I like to top with fresh fruit if using syrup, you might like a little less malt flavor
- 2Let batter rest 5 min. Prep waffle maker. If it has number settings #3 gives best color
- 3Pour about 1/2c. batter onto grid and spread. Close lid and if using light wait til green. If not dark enough close and cook a little longer.
- 4For Ice cream sandwiches, cool and divide waffles into fouths(if grid has 4 pts.) Put ice cream on top and wrap in plastic and freese. In a 4 part griddle this will give you 16 sandwiches.
- 5If using for breakfast, keep warm single layer in 200 degree oven.