★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- whipping cream or half and half
- 1 c
- 1 medium
- sunkist lemon, grated peel
- 1/3 c
- cup fresh squeezed sunkist lemon juice
- 1 small
- lemon shells or boats, (optional)
How to Make Lemon Ice Cream
- 1in a large bowl, combine cream and sugar, stir until sugar dissolves. blend in lemon peel and juice.
- 2pour in shallow pan. freeze until fir, about 4 hours.
- 3serve in dessert glasses, lemon shells or boats. garnish with fresh mint leaves and strawberries if desired.
- 4to make lemon shells: cut 1/3 off end of large lemon. carefully ream out juice, reserve. scrape shell clean with spoon.
- 5to make lemon boats: cut large lemon in half lengthwise and with shallow v shape cut, remove white center core. carefully ream out juice, reserve. scrape shells clean with spoon.
- 6citrus shells may be made ahead and frozen until ready to use.