Lemon Ice Box Pie IceCream w/Fresh Blueberry Sauce
Diane Hopson Smith
This was a perfect Ice Cream to test out this awesome machine!
Lemon Ice Box Pie is one of my all time favorite summer time desserts. When I found this recipe for "Lemon Ice Box Pie Ice Cream" I was all over it! Oh my!! Some kind of brain freeze good ice cream!
Because I love blueberries and lemon together, I've added a blueberry topping to this ice cream.
Ice cream recipe Source: Southern Living Annual Cookbook May 2012
- 3 to 4
- 2 c
- half and half
- (14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c
- coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 2 c
- blueberries (plus a few extra)
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make Lemon Ice Box Pie IceCream w/Fresh Blueberry Sauce
- 1Grate zest from lemons to equal 1 Tbsp. Cut lemons in half; squeeze juice from lemons into a measuring cup to equal 1/2 cup.
- 3Once ice cream freezer stops stir in graham cracker crumbs and lemon zest; transfer to an airtight container. Freeze in refrigerator freezer 2 hours before serving. NOTE: be sure to put the graham crackers in as a last step. They freeze well and add a nice little crunch. Also when I crushed the crackers, I put them in one bowl and lifted out the larger crumbs to the measuring cup, leaving the finer crumbs to use in another dish.
- 4BLUEBERRY SAUCE
In a medium saucepan, mix the blueberries with the sugar, water and lemon juice. Simmer over meduim heat until the blueberries begin to burst, about 8 minutes, until the juices of the berries have released and made a sauce. Take about 1/2 cup of the berries and pulse in the food processer and return to sauce. Remove from the heat and toss in a few extra berries; cool. Refrigerate before serving.
- 5Once ice cream is firm, scoop into bowls and top with blueberry sauce.