★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- 1 1/4 c
- half and half
- 2 Tbsp
- corn syrup, light
- 1/4 tsp
- 4 oz
- mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 c
- lemon curd
How to Make Lemon Curd Mascarpone Ice Cream
- 1prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- 2make a slurry by combining the cornstarch with 1/4 cup of whole milk. set aside.
- 3in a 4 quart saucepan, whisk half and half, corn syrup, remaining whole milk and salt. bring to a boil over medium heat. cook for 4 minutes.
- 4stir cornstarch slurry into boiling milk mixture.
- 5return to a boil and cook until the mixture is thickened, for 2-3 minutes. remove from heat.
- 6place mascarsone in a bowl. whisk to soften.
- 7slowly pour hot milk, mixture into the bowl with mascarone, whisking vigorously to break up any lumps.
- 8place bowl over ice bath to chill.
- 9once chilled, pour into ice cream maker and process according to your ice cream makers instructions.
- 10once the ice cream pulls away from the sides of the machine, add lemon curd. churn until no yellow steaks remain.
- 11transfer ice cream into a storage container and freeze until set, about 3 to 4 hours.
- 12before serving, let ice cream sit for a few minutes to soften.